Tuesday, September 25, 2007

WEEK 8 THING 19

Wow, I loved looking at all the sites on the Web 2.0 winners list. It seems like there really is a website for just about any interest or question you may have. I had never explored Craigslist before (though I had heard about it) and was amazed at the many different groups, local events,jobs, housing etc.
I also love Pandora and have used it before. Very cool the way it matches music based on artists you enjoy.

I think there could be applications in the library for some of these sites. For example, customers could use Pandora to identify new artists they may want to explore. I also think the blog guides and bookmarking applications could be useful. We just have to be open to explore and be innovative. The old way isn's necessarily the best way to do things now!

No comments: